Sunday, August 23, 2015

#Cre8time Party Hats all Around... Week 4 of Anything But a Card Challenges No. 50 "CELEBRATION"

Good Morning Everyone! What have you been creating?? Today begins week four of our final challenge No. 50 - CLICK HERE to catch up and see all the fantastic makes from our week one team of creatives, CLICK HERE for Week 2 and CLICK HERE for Week 3 inspiration. 


The FINAL Challenge... in the spirit of our time together stretching and growing our creative muscles – we invite you to join us in a Cre8time CELEBRATION!


Anything But a Card Challenges No. 50 is "CELEBRATION". Use this prompt to inspire your muse and share you're creations, whatever it may be... scrapbooking, collage, ATCs, tags, art journal pages, altered shrines... just not a card.

Challenge No. 50 is our final challenge here on the Anything But a Card Challenges Blog and we invite you to join us in a creative celebration! This may be bittersweet... but we want to go out with a colassal CREATIVE BANG!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Please share any current project you have created and JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. Please do us the favor to mention and LINK BACK to this challenge using this permalink so that your readers may find us and play along to have this be the BIGGEST and BEST creative Party. Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. :)

**A REMINDER** This final Challenge will go through midnight September 7th giving plenty of time to play and ENJOY the creative process! We will share more of our Design Team's creations each Sunday to keep you inspired.

Today we welcome back some
of our Design Team Alumni
to join in the Celebration!!

Please click on the designers' name to visit their blog. We hope you’ll take a minute to go see their work up close... and as long as you’re there – please leave them a little love!
The party hat is made from some of my favorite media's (gelatos and inks). However, there is just the right amount of bling on it so it can be used for anyone's party. It is mostly for party decor but it can be worn as a photo prop. Please visit my BLOG for more details.
I loved being part of the ABAC team and I am glad they let me stretch my design wings in mine and their first team. They inspired me to try new things and styles. My all time favorite and most stressful challenge was Steampunk {CLICK HERE to view}. I still have that project displayed in my studio. I love that I tried something that I would have never have done if it wasn't for this site.



Often it is not the gift but the emotion and thought behind it that leaves a lingering impression. It is with fondness that I take this opportunity to share with you this altered and brightened metal installation that was a spontaneous and rare gift from my adult son. It began as a rather dull brown piece which B presented to me with the words, "You can make it amazing Mum!" Please visit my BLOG for more details.

Sharing it with you at Anything But A Card gives me pleasure as we celebrate the end of a marvelous Challenge Blog. We came from all parts of the globe to create and share our art. Over the years I've been surprised, excited and humbled by the wonderful posts that have tumbled into my home from you, our readers What a conscientious and inspired group our Design team has been too!

This is not goodbye, just a diversion in our creative endeavours. May you seek and find many art adventures that truly invite you to Celebrate. ~ Julie Short


Hi! It's Lynne from Her Craftiness to share with you an embroidered design from Urban Threads Celebrating Day of the Dead with a beautiful Bella Muerte Polilla. I know that's an oxymoron but I fell in love with this beautiful painted machine-embroidered butterfly which I adhered to a vase from the Dollar Tree, added a candle and viola! Come check out more pictures along with the tutorial on how I made this!

* * * * * * * * * * *

We hope our designers have you INSPIRED to take some time to be creative!! We can't wait to see your creations and we hope that you will join in and share them with us! Stop back next Sunday for more inspiration in our Cre8time CELEBRATION.


No comments:

Post a Comment